PDA

View Full Version : Muntjac,Barking deer, Tadoba

Shyamala Kumar
25-09-2013, 09:16 AM
This image has been taken during a period prior to the monsoons , hence the dry vegetation.Nikon 3200+55-300mm ISO1800 f/5.6 1/125s fl 300mm.March 2012 early morning safari.

Rajan Kanagasabai
25-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Nice direct eye lock. A little less space in the left and more in the right would have enhanced this composition and a higher shutter speed would have added to the details.

These are extremely shy animals and are hard to picture. Great you got it out in the open.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
25-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I agree with Rajan. More space on the right would have strengthened the composition. Also try as much lower you can go as possible. Shooting from the eye level is the best as it is from the same perspective as the subject.

In filming the camera is placed higher or lower based on a reason/theme.

I think BR Hills is better for sighting barking deer than other places. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
25-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Nice sighting of this shy animal. Good eye contact. Agree with Sabyasachi, BR hills have a lot of sighting of Barking deers compared to other places. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
25-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Nice. very little is known of this shy animal although they seem quite fearless at BR hills.

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Nice pose captured. Colour looks natural. We normally see fleeting glimpses of Kakar. In Simlipal T.R., it was earlier (1980) commonly seen. In the forests of Himalayan foothills, where Hog Deer was also present , I have sometimes experienced difficulty in ID just seeing the hind portion, as the 'leaping mode' of both deer into tall grass or bushes is quite similar. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild