PDA

View Full Version : She is indeed stalking!The tigress- Tadoba diaries

Shyamala Kumar
25-09-2013, 07:05 PM
It was really the most exciting moment I ever had on safari. I am presenting an image of the same tigress with the extra space in the front and no grass blade blocking her eye view.But this is before she leaves the track and moves into the undergrowth after her quarry as portrayed in the earlier image.Our jeep was covered with a tarpaulin and it was very difficult shooting from under it.My camera was soaked (though no harm done).I was determined to capture her fascinating movements and the image of her beautiful coat glistening in the pouring rain.I preferred the earlier image but I suppose this one better satisfies the aesthetics.D3200 +55-300MM 1/125S FL200MM ISO1600

Roopak Gangadharan
28-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Some how I like the pervious post better.there is more drama in it and scape looks better there

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
30-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Subtle changes in the the angle can make big differences in the image composition and the focus changes. In this image more of the mud/stones of the road is covered and there is less space at the top. In the previous image, there is more space at the top, so one can clearly see the rains. The waterbody in the previous image also gives us an idea about the habitat. So despite the tiger's nose being blocked by vegetation in the previous image, the overall impact is better in that image as compared to this. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi