PDA

View Full Version : Courting pair

Rajan Kanagasabai
26-09-2013, 06:00 AM
An image from Kabini (from my records)

A courting pair. It was almost dark on a rainy day. Light was extremely low. I do have a decent HD image which i will upload once the Video option is sorted out.

Full frame, 5D MIII, 400 DO IS F4, ISO 10000, F4, 1/180, +0.5, Bean bag mounted. I'm guessing the loss of detail on the wings is due to the low shutter or the high ISO.

regards
Rajan

Shyamala Kumar
26-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Rare and beautiful capture of a pair of Great Black woodpecker, though I do think they may both be males.I think the female of the species do not have red cheeks. Nice environmental image.TFS

Roopak Gangadharan
26-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Nice image in low light. Agree with shyamala, they are both male red cheek and also the red on the head extending upto the fore crown ..more of a competing pair.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
29-09-2013, 06:18 PM
The other reason for less details is because while shooting the details close to the left side of the histogram ie. in the first box on the left of the histogram will always be very less. So by shooting to the right one gets the histogram more to the right. That helps in the dark areas shift more to the right and get more details. I had explained it in this article: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2006