PDA

View Full Version : Tuskers sparring!

Bhargava Srivari
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
It was one of those action packed safaris; we came upon 4 huge Elephants- all of them tuskers, which honestly is not a common sight. This image shows only a couple of them, but I managed some pictures with three in a frame. Will try to share them soon.
All the while we were at this scene, we kept hearing alarm calls of spotted Deer a few meters behind us and the best part was that after I got my share images of images of the Elephants, we drove back and saw a beautiful Leopardess cross the road!

Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM | f/4, ISO 400, 1/1600 sec, EC 0, evaluative metering | Kabini, Karnataka | January 2012

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Nice image. Nice caption. It is a practice session for young tuskers -'sparring in fun'. They are long lived mammals, how they are ensuring delicate trunks from injury! Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Deepak Ramani
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Lovely image....quintessential Kabini image...

Sabyasachi Patra
02-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Nice action with higher cuteness quotient. :) This is a way to learn techniques which will help them in their future endeavours. Nice to see two mynas one on each side of the elephant looking for a juicy morsel. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
02-10-2013, 10:59 PM
The sparring pose looks nice. Agree with Sabyasachi, it does look cute :-). Good composition. Thanks for sharing.