PDA

View Full Version : Sun Bird Male

Sagar Patil
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
1/160 | F 4.5 (:() | ISO 100 | Approx. 60% crop

With good care of stalking, after 4 spines getting plucked in left palm.
Still no desired shot... Light was playing 'shadow and opening', so thought to keep Auto Focus.

Anyways but I liked the perch, so posting.

The plant has higher medicinal values, somebody may be knowing its scientific/English name.

Taken at ANER DAM, Jalgaon, Maharashtra

Abhishek Jamalabad
08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Nice pose, but when cropping you could have retained some portion in the direction it is facing. I guess you could also try opening the shadows in photoshop.
Why is there noise at ISO 100? Does anyone have an answer?
By the way this is a male purple sunbird.

Bibhav Behera
08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Agree about the space reqmt with Abhishek. The noise is probably due to the heavy cropping.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Noise may be due to pulling up the exposure during post processing. If your original image is underexposed and you pull it up during post processing, then it is likely to show more noise.

For these birds, you need to stand still near a flowering plant and hope that it comes closer. You need to be ready with your camera as they won't perch for long time.

Mrudul Godbole
08-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree sunbirds are very difficult to photograph. You made a good effort. Next time while photographing them you can follow what Sabyasachi has mentioned.

Look forward to more..

Sagar Patil
08-07-2009, 02:50 PM
@Abhi, Bibhav : Right border is a dead end of the frame. Image is cropped from other three sides.

@Sabyasachin, Mrudul : It is really a great idea to stand still near flowering plant. Surely gonna try now.