PDA

View Full Version : Black-throated Tit at Ravangla,Sikkim

Subhasis Roy
07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi,
This is for first time I am posting . This bird was snapped at Ravangla area, South Sikkim. Camera used Canon EOS 400D with 75-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Lens. The image is cropped to resize.

Regards,
Subhasis Roy
Sikkim

Kiran Ghadge
08-07-2009, 10:29 AM
thats beautiful bird... wish the image was sharp....I guess images has lost the details because of cropping...

Mrudul Godbole
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Lovely bird. I think the frame is quite tight. You can have some more space on the top and left. Do you shoot in RAW?

Subhasis Roy
08-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your comment.Normally I do not shoot in RAW format. Actually I was birding at Ravangla in a morning. On that day I found so many small bird so I decieded to set my image resolution to Large. And suddenly this bird came very near to me and I took few snap of this beautiful bird. As soon as I change my resolution of camera to Small the bird flewed away.

Regards,
Subhasis Roy,
Sikkim

Bibhav Behera
08-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Shooting in RAW always gives you the most details...
Why do you want to shoot in 'Small Size'???

Sabyasachi Patra
10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Subhasis,

It is better to shoot in RAW as that is the equivalent of digital negative. It holds all the details.

JPEG is a lossy compression and you throw out lot of details. And if you are selecting a small file, then you are throwing out lots of details. These days, the memory cards have become cheaper. So better to have more memory cards and click in RAW.

Please check this thread for further details:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996

Cheers,
Sabyasachi