PDA

View Full Version : Blackbuck couple - Lost in love

Subhash Shrivastava
24-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Nikon P510, 1/500, F5.5, 160 mm, ISO-110, hand held
Shot in Manahalli grasslands. These two had the whole for grassland for themselves and were lost in each other. Retained the pillar to point out “difficult to understand” things being done to few remaining patches of nature. There are about 10 pillars stuck to ground at one place, only god knows why.

Shyamala Kumar
24-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Beautiful image.Nice colours .I am glad you made a point about the pillars.It is really sad how people have no sense of even basic aesthetics and respect for nature and wildlife

Rajan Kanagasabai
25-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Beautiful composition of a lovely pose by the BB's. Is this a crop ? for noise is visible even at the low ISO and some loss of details. The tilt can be corrected in PP.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Subhash Shrivastava
25-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks Shyamala.

Rajan sir, thanks for feedback. This is full frame. I did mild sharpening in GIMP using USM. In most of my image the background becomes noisy, especially after scaling down the image to 300kb, i am not sure whether this is a camera limitation or some setting. I am shooting at 16M resolution, should I reduce it to 8M, i read somewhere that the high resolution of 16 Megapixel for a small sensor of P&S may affect the Image Quality, though the camera manual is claiming otherwise.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Which ever camera we use, it is always better to use at its maximum resolution. It is a fact that due to the small sensors of the compact cameras, the noise and dynamic range is not great. Processing with better processors will ensure that the image comes out better and doesn't lose quality while resizing. Thanks for sharing.

Anil Kumar Verma
27-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Nice picture & love the expression in BB's faces. Despite all the limitations , camera seems to have done a good job. May be bit of post processing would have also helped in bringing details better.

TFS/ Anil Kumar Verma