PDA

View Full Version : The Life Cycle of Common Crow butterfly ( Euploea core )

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I am living in Kerala ,Kottayam.Kottayam is valley of the western ghats. There are many species butterflys, moths, tree frogs and other small insects only saw in western ghats. I saw the caterpillar of common crow butterfly ( Euploea core ) in its different stages of the growth in a plant . I shoot it...after two days all are disappeared from that plant. After fifteen days I found one in my wells wall. It was about 50 mts from that plant. It was hang the wall and look like transparent. It fixed its tale side in the wall unfortunately I cant take that . ( early morning not enough light ) after one hour I saw it becoming pupa(image-3). The first frame of pupa it was shook and become to smaller. With in hours it become the fourth stage. After two days it become dark brown and silver shades. In night the silver colour was reflecting in lights. After nine days in morning 6 am I saw the silver color disappeared and become chocolate colour. In that morning at 7.30 the butterfly emerges....... I saw one of the most fascinating dramas of the nature.

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
what can i do to post balance 11 images of this cycle?

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I am living in Kerala ,Kottayam.Kottayam is valley of the western ghats. There are many species butterflys, moths, tree frogs and other small insects only saw in western ghats. I saw the caterpillar of common crow butterfly ( Euploea core ) in its different stages of the growth in a plant . I shoot it...after two days all are disappeared from that plant. After fifteen days I found one in my wells wall. It was about 50 mts from that plant. It was hang the wall and look like transparent. It fixed its tale side in the wall unfortunately I cant take that . ( early morning not enough light ) after one hour I saw it becoming pupa(image-3). The first frame of pupa it was shook and become to smaller. With in hours it become the fourth stage. After two days it become dark brown and silver shades. In night the silver colour was reflecting in lights. After nine days in morning 6 am I saw the silver color disappeared and become chocolate colour. In that morning at 7.30 the butterfly emerges....... I saw one of the most fascinating dramas of the nature.

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
third stage

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
in this stage it shake like jumping every move it become small

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
in this stage it become still

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
from stage-3 to stage-6 is in 3.15 hours.

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
after 2 days darker & silver. silver reflecting at night

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:16 PM
in 9th day pupa early morning pupa colour changed....

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
with a shivering pupa open its side and emerge the butterfly

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
the emerges moments its wings look like as a silk cloth

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
after 20 minutes from the emerge

Jobymon Cherayil Prakesh
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
after 1.30 hour.....it fell down and climb in a leaf
it take 2.30 hours to fly away in air..........

Roopak Gangadharan
09-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Nice series.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
28-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Lovely series. Very nice images. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - We have included this full article in the downloadable PDF of this month's (Nov) newsletter. So do have a look. Thanks.

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Very nicely done. The presence of the ant in image # 02 raises more natural history questions :). When we observe nature closely, there are so many links at each stage, it seems several lifetimes would be grossly inadequate to find the answers.