PDA

View Full Version : Sambar Deer - Ranthambore

Debasis Bose
05-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Nikkon D 7000, Nikkor 70-200 f2.8, @ 200 mm, ISO 200, 1/500s. Shot taken at one of the waterloggings while entering the Nalghati zone of Ranthambore.

Rajan Kanagasabai
05-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Nice composition. Good Depth of Field even at f2.8 as even the grass on the far banks are quite clear. A slightly off centered composition (with maybe more space to the right) would have made this even better.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Debasis,
Nice to see that you could manage to go to Ranthambhore. The greenery is nice during this time. Slightly moving to the left, if possible, would have helped in avoiding the grass being directly infront of its face. Did you by any chance upload an image larger than 300 kb? Look forward to more images from Ranthambhore.

Rajan,
I think he used f5.6 here.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
05-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I tried my best to get my safari booked in honest way i.e. online, over phone through RTDC and forest department. But things did not work out till 15th Oct., finally when nothing was on sight called my relation cum friend and then things were served on golden platter, in no time one gypsy was at our disposal with route 2,3,4 and 5 reserved for our four safaris and one forest gaurd with percieved so called best naturalist and driver at our service. Feel sad how things work in my country. Regarding the upload, the image was resized from 22 MB to 299 KB and regarding f, somehow unable to retrieve the information as the image was taken on RAW mode with nikor 70-200 f 2.8 lens. Hence I mentioned the lens specs and the exposure only.
Hi Rajan Thanks for suggestion, I realized the composition would have been better if I avoided the grass with bit more space on right. I am not expert photographer but have learned a lot with the tips from Sabyasachi, Rajan, Mrudul and your goodselve. Hope one day will excel like you all.

Mrudul Godbole
05-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Nice environmental composition. Good light. Agree with the above comments. Thanks for sharing.

It would be better if you keep the file size to around 250-280kb, as closer to 300kb the software might resize the image and so there might be loss of details.

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Nice composition. Soothing environment. Size and build of this stag look quite impressive.The interesting feature is that brow tine is long and may be about 40-45 p.c of the length of the antlers along the curve.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Subhash Shrivastava
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Debasis, each time i look at the image, i get a feeling that i am actually at the place seeing it with my own eyes. Superb.

Roopak Gangadharan
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Nice image. Light looks good. Agree with above comments on compo.

Haven't been to Ranthambore or any where beyond the reserves in south for a long time now. Shyamala pic of B'ghad and this one have started an urge......So much to do and so little time:mellow:

TFS
Roopak