PDA

View Full Version : Coots and kids – Happy family

Subhash Shrivastava
05-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Nikon P510, 1/400, F5.1, 134 mm, ISO-280, hand held;
Clicked in a lake near Nizamsagar dam.

Mrudul Godbole
05-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice family photo :-). Good eye contact. A more rectangular framing would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Vipin Sharma
05-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Lovely composition , did you tried shooting with little over exposure by one step. Exposure Compensation +1 1/3 should have had helped and would have enhanced the composition around adult ducks eyes and neck area.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Nice Happy Family. Well composed. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:
Looking at little kids,Tagore wrote that these white flowers have bloomed on the earth and they have brought news from the heaven.
'Dharai asechey phuti subhra phoolguli Nandaner anechey sambad.'- Tagore

Shyamala Kumar
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Nice image conveying a sense of optimism in a world where forests and its wild inhabitants no longer hold the importance they deserve.TFS

Roopak Gangadharan
06-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Nice moment well captured. like the colour contrast in the image.Tough bird to expose properly.Agree that a slight +EC might have helped here.

TFS
Roopak

Subhash Shrivastava
06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the nice words and the suggestions.
Regarding +EC, in my camera, i have found that it is working by increasing the ISO, that increases the noise. I am surprised by this as I was under the impression that exposure compenation is a separate control than ISO. I am not sure whether it is doing something more than just increaing the ISO. I used the +EC during my last trip to NSTR on 01-Nov and later found that it has screwed up most of the images, including Montugue harrier images also that I got the opportunity for first time. :sad:

Sabyasachi Patra
11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Check if there is a way to stop the auto ISO. Setting +EC means you are letting in more light. If you don't increase the ISO and setting the +EC, then one of the variables between shutter speed and aperture has to change. So if you keep the aperture constant, then the shutter speed has to decrease from say 1/400 to either 1/320 or lower depending upon how much +EC you have given.