PDA

View Full Version : Bird’s paradise under summer sky

Subhash Shrivastava
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Nikon P510, 1/500, F5.9, 180 mm, ISO-100, hand held.
A lake near Jogipet, Medak (AP). How I felt at loss that I discovered this lake in summer.

Mrudul Godbole
05-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Nice to see so many varieties of birds visiting this lake. Seems there is a slight tilt, you can correct that in post processing. Just a bit less space at the bottom would be good. You could have used a higher ISO and a narrower aperture to get more details. Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
06-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Your images revive a feeling that there are still wild spots in Andhra Pradesh though these are remote and inaccessible to the normal tourist.The very fact they exist clearly indicate that they have not come under the unimaginative eye of the Govt.Keep up the good work.

Debasis Bose
06-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Pleasing to eyes, so many species together at home with nature. Thanks for sharing

Subhash Shrivastava
06-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi Mrudul, this is not a crop. In my camera, 5.9 is the narrowest aperture at the telephoto end (180 mm) :-(. Fogot to correct the tilt.

Hi Shymala, the bund side of this lake is abutting the main road, Sangareddy-Nizamasagar road. It is just before Jogipet, I never went earlier thinking that it would be filthy being near to the town. When I went and saw so many Flamingoes for the first time, I was dumbstruck.
The lake near Sangareddy that have been attracting the maximum number of migratory birds, I have seen Arctic terns also there, is being destroyed completely. Last winter there was a flock of about 100 - 200 BH geese and countless pintails, gargany, Widgeon, teals, flamingoes and what not. This summer, all the surrounding trees and scrubs have been uprooted by heavy machinery. I asked some officials there and they informed that a ring road is being constructed with malls, recreational facilities etc., like Tank bund in Hyderabad. In AP we have protected Bird sanctuaries with no birds visiting, and the lakes where birds come are not protected.

Hi Debasis, Thanks for sharing our thoughts.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Nice to see this. I have travelled in train through Andhra several times and there are lot of waterbodies suitable for birds. The important thing is to protect these waterbodies as fishing, bathing creates disturbance for birds. Also, the indiscriminate pesticide use in the neighbouring fields have their impact on birds. Birds don't care whether the wetland has a protected tag or not, as long as there is no disturbance. I hope we can note the coordinates of these places, else soon the habitats will vanish due to lack of documentation.

Are you uploading images in RGB colour space?

Subhash Shrivastava
21-11-2013, 11:15 PM
sabya sir, thanks for sharing the thoughts. All these waterbodies, that are in 200 km radius around Hyd, are covered in my regular visits and i am quite attached to them. in this part of andhra, also called as telangana, the agriculture and aquaculture are relatively less intensive then other parts, hence the richer avian life. i get very disturbed when i am seeing some of these lakes being destroyed systematically. just returned from solapur - nannaj trip and being witness the development drama being enacted there.