PDA

View Full Version : Indian hare in NSTR, enjoying the fresh monsoon greens

Subhash Shrivastava
06-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Nikon P510, 1/125, F5.9, 180 mm, ISO-500, hand held.
Clicked it in NSTR on 04-Aug-13, while trekking on foot. It completely resembled the rocks strewn around, it was feeding on the fresh grass and the little motion it made gave it away to me.

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Nice image of Rufoustailed Hare. Lovely eyes and large ears beautifully captured. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Nice sighting. You have to remember that though your camera is pretty small, it has a very long zoom range. Due to small size of your camera, then sensor size is also very small (1/2.3 inch). So your max telephoto range of 180mm is equivalent to 1000mm in 35mm terms. This is a huge magnification of the image that you capture and hence require lot of stable support. The vibration reduction system helps. Still you need some support if you need to shoot at that focal length. If nothing is available just place it on the next person's shoulder and fire. :)

Mrudul Godbole
11-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Nice eye contact. It is quite difficult to photograph them as they are very shy. Good you could get them relatively in clear. Nice composition. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
11-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi Sakti, Sabyasachi and Mrudul. Thanks for feedback. This was cetrally composed as it was clicked before I joined the Indiawilds, i have corpped it, to give illusion of better composition.
Sabya sir, I am trying to follow the tips given by you in the Tips section, abt DOF, Sharpness etc. and they are helping me to click better picutres. Regarding the support, when I trek in jungles etc, I am alone and other problem is that the maximum length of the barrel is just abt 5 Inch, it's difficut to put it on something properly. And it is impacting my photogrphs though I am trying to reduce the damage by controlled breathing, and with a proper posture as you explained in your article abt sharpness.