PDA

View Full Version : Bluethroat @ Basai wetlands

Kaustuv Chatterjee
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Sultanpur has this new rule that it opens to the general public only at 9 am and one requires a special permit for going in at 6 30. Last week we landed up there at 6 30 only to find out and be disappointed. However it was a classic case of who moved my cheese / god shuts one door for you to open another! The friendly karamchari at the gates informed us of a location where a flock of 53 flamingos have come. Will upload pics of that flock later. After sighting these we went on to Basai wetlands, where I saw this beautiful bluethroat with its juvenile.
This is shot with my Nikon D90, my new 300 mm f4 with TC 14E :) at 420mm, ISO 250, 1/800s - F/7.1

Shyamala Kumar
07-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Beautiful muted colours and composition .Great capture.TFS

Roopak Gangadharan
07-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Nice one kaustuv, good eye contact and details. Not sure if u cud have avoided the branch above it by moving to the right. congrats on the new gear Im sure this along with the migrants will motivate u to wake up early mornings in the winter. look fwd to a lot of lifers....:001_smile:

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
08-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Congrats on the new lens :-). Nice sighting of this beautiful bird. Liked the colours and the eye contact. An off-centered composition would enhance the image further. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Nice to see this bluethroat. The eye contact is fine. The sharpening needs to be turned down by a notch.