PDA

View Full Version : Drying my wings _ Crimson Marsh Glider

Anil Kumar Verma
09-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi Friends,

Story behind the picture goes something like this :

Its Diwali morning. Reached Yamunanagar, my home town previous night. Somehow been restless throughout the night & decide to go for nature trail along the banks of Western Yamuna Canal. Watching Sun rise over the canal on a cold morning , ahh ! its so lovely. The soft warmth of Sun stimulating thought that most precious things in life are for free, all you need is time and inclination to enjoy it.

Looking around for little creatures on vegetation, for some macro shots & here comes the treasure. Dragon-flies in shades of pink, blue and black perched on shrubs & bushes drying their wings in the rising Sun.

Never seen so many of them at one place . None of them moving an inch. Like me, looks like , they are also enjoying the warmth of rising sun. Little due drops shining like pearls on their wings.

Its a real treasure. Got some beautiful shots & sharing one of it with Indiawilds.

Hope , you like it.

EXIF : Shot at 135mm with 550D, 18-135mm Lens. Av : f/5.6, Tv : 1/500, ISO 800, 60% of Original Image

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Great shot...........

Thank you very much for your comment on my image.

Mrudul Godbole
13-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Lovely composition. Nice colours and details. The clean background enhances the composition. The early morning light helps in getting these soft colours, later the light becomes harsh and the colours are lost, so your effort (getting up early) paid off :). Nice narration. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Colourful. The wings have come out well. The joy of watching a colourful creature in soft early morning sunshine is priceless. It is surprising how often we fail to notice the beauty around us.