PDA

View Full Version : Lesser goldenback woodpecker

Kaustuv Chatterjee
10-11-2013, 09:24 PM
I had always found getting a clean close shot of these birds difficult as they have a long flight distance and are quite shy. So was quite kicked to shoot this one quite close, for some reason she was not disturbed by my presence. They add such a dash of colour and energy in the forest!
Shot with the Nikon D 90, Nikkor 70-300mm, at 300mm, ISO 500, 1/200s -F/5.6. This is a 25% crop...shot in Sultanpur 2 weeks back

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Nice perch. Fine details. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Rajan Kanagasabai
11-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Lovely portrait with Good details of the bird. There is noise due to the crop. A slightly off centered composition would make this even better. Did you also try a vertical ?

Great eye contact.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
12-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Agree quite a difficult bird to photograph. I too have not got a close sighting of this still :(. As Rajan has mentioned, an off-centered composition with less space on the right would enhance the image further. Nicely captured. Liked the colours and the details. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I agree with the previous comments. Moving slightly to the right would have been nice as the out of focus branch coming out straight towards the camera is in the rule of thirds position and is attracting attention. Thanks for sharing.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
18-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the critique, will try vertical as well as off center a bit and see...