PDA

View Full Version : sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy!!!

Arindam Datta
14-11-2013, 12:34 AM
verditer flycatcher
neora valley national park.
canon eos 500d,sigma 150-500mm @500mm.
1/800sec,iso-100,f/6.3

Rajan Kanagasabai
14-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Wow, the artistic flair of John Denver is evident. Maybe a twist to the third line of the same song will summarize this picture : Sunshine on the (fly) Catcher looks so lovely . . .

Beautiful composition and a great caption. Opening the brightness a bit and recovering the blacks would make this even better.

There's another hardcore fan of Denver in the forum in Bhibav, who loves to coin lovely captions like yours with JD's songs.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Roopak Gangadharan
14-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Nice. this bird is a beauty. agree the image looks high on contrast.
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
15-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Lovely colour. Nice perch. If possible moving a bit more to the right would have helped to get it more parallel to the sensor and enhanced the eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Nice sighting and strikingly colourful bird well captured under most trying conditions.

Nice to learn you may be trekking in Neora Valley N.P. It will be a delightful experience and you may be rewarded with viewing rare species, both birds and mammals. Sunrays never reach the ground in quite a large part of the park and photography is difficult. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
20-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Good to see an image from Neora valley. The blacks in the background dominate and takes away our attention from this beautiful bird. So without darkening the background the image would have looked much better. The perch seems to be hacked by someone.

I have lots of John Denver cassettes from my student days gathering dust. Broke one John Denver CD and lost another while getting the car serviced.