PDA

View Full Version : Wild Piglet

Rajan Kanagasabai
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
This was at Parambikulam. We were on a jeep, when we spotted this little fellow all alone. Wanted to get out on the ground to get a low level shot, but a rustle in the bush nearby and a huge dad and mom came right at us and we quickly retreated into the safety of the jeep. The dad and mom hung around in the thick undergrowth while this little fellow happily posed for a few photo's before moving back to the parents.

400D, Canon 70-300 USM, F6, 1/100, ISO 100, handheld

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I would have loved that low angle, but better be safe. You can always get images later. Good that you got into the jeep. A slight head turn away from you would have given better eye contact. A bigger image will definitely look better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
10-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Agree about image size, and getting out of the jeep is a very risky business.

Apana

Rajan Kanagasabai
11-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Wonder why the image is truncated inspite of the earlier one being just 190K. Posting a 180K file now and hope it comes out well. I had the same issue with the Malabar Squirrel as well . . .

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
11-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Rajan,
The image size should also be max 800 pixels in the longest dimension apart from being below 200kb in size.

The repost looks better.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Udai Bisht
12-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Great shot Rajan! Seeing a striped boar for the first time. Understood from your post that it's only the little ones who have stripes. Great going. Your shots and Sabyasachi's (Nilgiri Tahr) make a strong case for visit down (I mean further down) South. :D