PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Thrill

Sagar Patil
09-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Lets have some monsoon thrill.

It is taken at Lohgarh Fort, Pune near Lonavala.

The depth is around 800 meters.

Taken with my old tiny digital camera of ORITE Inc. make.

F 2.7 | ISO 54 | 1/476

AB Apana
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
There's a loss of detail, but this still conveys the mood of the place and a sense of awe. Not sure about the rock to the bottom right.

Apana

Sabyasachi Patra
10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree with Apana. The mood is evident.

Mrudul Godbole
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Lovely photograph. Remembered the treks we used to do in Lonavala in monsoon. Lohgarh and Dukes Nose one more great place to go :). You been there? The view is amazing, similar, of you being above the clouds and lush green paddy fields below. Have wonderful memories of these places.Didnt have any camera then to take photographs :(.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Udai Bisht
12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Liked this image a lot. Most of the times such scenes look more beautiful through the eyes than through the lense. I find it rather difficult to capture such scenes well to capture the mood as seen through my eyes. Any tips on capturing scenes with mist/fog?

Bibhav Behera
12-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Absolute beauty... Wish the wall of the fort were avoided in the frame. The cloudy hazy feel looks good...
good effort. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Liked this image a lot. Most of the times such scenes look more beautiful through the eyes than through the lense. I find it rather difficult to capture such scenes well to capture the mood as seen through my eyes. Any tips on capturing scenes with mist/fog?

Udai,
You have to give a positive exposure compensation of +1/3rd, +2/3rd etc depending upon the fog. Then while processing you have to pull up the blacks.

Pl check the Nilgiri Tahr images in the mammals section.
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6024#post6024
The scene was foggy and drizzling.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rahul Parekh
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
lovely shot...with tiny camera :) but i think it looks more saturated...

Sagar Patil
13-07-2009, 12:40 AM
@Mrudul: Yes I had been there last year, now wish to go again with my new camera.

@Bibhav : Wall of fort I included just to feel of depth, otherwise we couldn't figure it out easily.

@Rahul: Yes, It is little bit saturated, say max 5-10%. But I am sure the actual scene and this photo has not much difference.

Extra Innings: I would urge, you people must visit such places in monsoon. Not only this fort, but all the forts in western ghats. While climbing up, it will show up your strength and capacity.

Usually rain drops travel down to earth, but at this place rain drops travel up towards the fort and horizontal to table top. Rain drops formed in such clouds get reversed on the fort along with gushing air breezes towards fort.

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I agree that though there is loss of detail, the mood is conveyed well. I don't really mind the inclusion of the wall.
Karnala fort is another great place to visit, and it's also very very close by. Don't know about the places you mentioned, but Karnala has some amazing reptiles, amphibians and insects this time of the year. I experienced the "upward rain" you mentioned at Karnala too.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Sagar,
Loved your extra innings bit. Good info. I have been to lonavala in rains. But not this fort. May be sometime.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi