PDA

View Full Version : Black Shoulder Kite

Anand Madabhushi
20-11-2013, 09:26 AM
My first post in the revamped site. Good to be back after a long time. 1/1600; f 7.1; ISO 250. About 40% cropped out. Ameenpur. Hyderabad.

Roopak Gangadharan
20-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice to see it with prey Anand sab. Good eye contact and details. Light seems harsh. They seem to be actively supporting the municipal authorities...

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
20-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Nice to see you back :). Liked the stare. Good you got it with a prey, looks like a rat. Since it is a crop, I would have liked a bit more space on the top and left. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
20-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Nice image Anandji.. the light seems a bit harsh. The prey is clearly visible in this image. They have such captivating eyes....thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
20-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Murugan Sir, Roopakji and Mrudulji

The light was indeed harsh @937am on 20102013. Could this be the winter Sun?

Anand Madabhushi
20-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Nice to see you back :). Liked the stare. Good you got it with a prey, looks like a rat. Since it is a crop, I would have liked a bit more space on the top and left. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul, sending a simple RAW to Jpeg, resized to suit the forum. Please do what you would have liked to see another presentation. Thanks a lot.

Mrudul Godbole
20-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks Anandji for attaching the full size image. I just composed to create a bit more space at the top and on the right.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Anandji,
Nice to see the red eyes of the Black Shouldered kite. Wish the municipality plants more trees for these birds to perch and keep a look out for the rodents. Unfortunately, we don't care about biological control of rodents. I agree about more space at the top. It also gives a perception of lower angle. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
21-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Thank you, Patraji.

Anandji,
Nice to see the red eyes of the Black Shouldered kite. Wish the municipality plants more trees for these birds to perch and keep a look out for the rodents. Unfortunately, we don't care about biological control of rodents. I agree about more space at the top. It also gives a perception of lower angle. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi