PDA

View Full Version : Blue bearded bee eaters

Mrudul Godbole
20-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Posting an image after a long time :(, didn't get time to do much photography after Assam trip in April. This was photographed from the resort window at Kaziranga. There was a small canal, in the soft mud of the bank, this pair had a nest. They took turns to get food. I think it is a leaf bird, id help is much appreciated.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, Canon 100-400mm IS USM, f7.1, 1/125, ISO 400, full frame, hand held

Comment and critiques welcome.

Murugan Anantharaman
20-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Lovely image Mrudul...They do look like female leaf birds to me too. There almost seems to be a halo around them. Nice sighting. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
20-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Lovely. well composed and good details.these are blue bearded bee eaters Nyctyornis athertoni . not easy to get and you have got 2 here.
TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Blue bearded bee eaters they are. Two in a frame calls for celebration :D.

Shyamala Kumar
20-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Well worth the wait Mridul!! Lovely image captured.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Beautiful birds. Very cute. The depth of field is good to cover both of them. Normally it is difficult to shoot two birds as they need to be in symmetry. In this case both of them are perched side by side with their eyes in the same line one above the other. They are also looking in the same direction. I think I like this image and the rhino image and also the wild buffalo from the kaziranga visit.

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Nicely captured as they are seen in pairs in Kaziranga and Himalayan foothills. Very soothing colours. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild