PDA

View Full Version : Indian wolf – wrapped in sunrise rays

Subhash Shrivastava
26-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Nikon P510, 1/200, F5.9, 180 mm, ISO-400, hand held.
Clicked in Nannaj GIB Sanctuary on 16-Nov-2013, reached sanctuary before 6 am, started clicking birds at the sunrise, all of sudden I looked back and saw this beautiful creature less than 100 mts from me. And then I noticed the ugly beer can in his mouth and my heart sank.

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Lovely light and a nice encounter with this animal. The can is a very sorry sight indeed!

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice and rare habitat image. Its habitats, dry open scrubs and desert area, have suffered worse than those of wild dogs and it is surviving mostly because of high birth rate and varied diet. The black nose-tip , black tail-tip and elevated forehead, are well documented. In this image it looks little heavier in built than those once common in Hazaribagh N.P. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
27-11-2013, 12:29 PM
A very nice image of the wolf in its habitat, trespassed by humans :(.... I don't think we Indians can ever let go of our littering habit wherever we go. Very soon at this rate even this habitat will be lost and so will the wolves.....unless something is done.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Nice image. Sad to see our impact on wildlife. These days in most of the quiet places we find people drinking beer and throwing the cans. The wolves are persecuted in many places as they predate on livestock. With the depleting prey base and destruction of habitat the wolves are fighting a losing battle. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
27-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Dear Abhishek, Saktida, Ananth and Sabyasachi ; Thanks, for your thoughts and feedback.
Indian Wolves will be the next one to get wiped out after GIB and may be in less than next 10 years. The FD person told me that there may be not more than 750 wolves remaining in India, though official figures is 900. We may see Foxes, Hyenas and Jackals going down the same path soon. As a society (Indian subcontinent) our ignorance and carelessness about the other living species in outstanding. In our society a person caring about nature is considered bordering on lunacy. And we have the most outspoken brigade for humane treatment of dogs, how cute and caring. classic Freudian contradiction.

Shyamala Kumar
28-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Lovely colours and composition.Beer can in its mouth is a depressing warning of the future of our wild life.Thanks for sharing.