PDA

View Full Version : Garden Lizard

Prajwal J Ullal
29-11-2013, 05:57 PM
While busy capturing few insects on a gloomy afternoon in Mangalore I came across this small, vibrant crawler relaxing on the branches of the hibiscus plant and looking out for some snacks, the winged ones. Initially it also hadnot spotted me, probably too busy catching the prey, but later, after I had started capturing frames, it ran away and sat on the top most, covered, branch of the plant.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/8
Shutterspeed 1/500
ISO 800
Exp comp -1.3 step

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Looks like a juvenile Calotes versicolor. I really love the green colour scheme here. Nice perch and background. The clipped tail is a bit of a distraction, although the fact that it is sufficiently out of focus prevents drawing attention to it. Including it completely, or alternatively moving in closer for a head & forequarters portrait might have looked better in my opinion. Nevertheless, I still like this image, nice work!

TFS

Prajwal J Ullal
30-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks Abhishek, I did try a shot with the whole lizard, but missed on the focus, turned out that the legs were in focus, so preferred this image

Anil Kumar Verma
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Good details. Like the head up pose.

Regards/Anil Kumar Verma

Mrudul Godbole
02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Nice pose and good eye contact. The different shades of green and the out of focus background adds to the composition. Good details. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.