PDA

View Full Version : The Pack- My very first sighting of Dholes

Shyamala Kumar
15-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Turning a bend in Nagzira Wls we chanced upon a pack of Dholes( about eight strong)who seem to be defecating, regurgitrating and generally reinforcing pack bonding.Three of them are not in frame.It was difficult to to even get five of them together in frame.Nikon 3200 +70-300mm fl100mm ISO800 1/640s f/8.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Nice to know about your first sighting of Dhole. When the pack goes out hunting (not in this case), the jungle severs, Chital does not give alarm call, the leopard climbs up the tree............Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
15-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Once I had seen a dhole chasing the cheetal and the cheetal was kind of flying with massive leaps with all fours and body in a straight line parallel to the ground. I love their streamlined bodies. I wonder whether we humans can learn from the dhoels and bond with each other to overcome our weaknesses.

Roopak Gangadharan
17-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Nice. you have managed to capture different behaviour traits in a single frame.

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
17-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Lovely image of the dhole pack. I have been most unlucky with dholes. Of the many trips I have made to jungles, never once have I seen a dhole :(. Even when in Africa I could see wild dogs but not here in India. Nice to see each of them doing their own thing, thanks for sharing.