PDA

View Full Version : Bewitching Bor- A page out of a childrens fairy tale story

Shyamala Kumar
15-12-2013, 09:21 PM
One can almost imagine the gnomes and goblins lurking in these sylvan surroundings.Nikon 3200+70-300o fl 70mm f7.1 iso800 1/125s nov evening 2013.

Roopak Gangadharan
17-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Nice. How is Bor..sightings etc ?

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
17-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Nice to see Bor. Nice reflection. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:What about Sloth Bears of Bor? You have possibly missed the season.

Murugan Anantharaman
17-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Did you click this from a jeep or was it close to a watch tower. I remember most hides/watch towers in the african bush are built near such dense vegetation. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
18-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Murugan, this image was clicked from the jeep.I would have liked a more panoramic view but unfortunately a telephoto lens was attached to my camera and I had to make do with a truncated version of the original scene.Most Indian wls do not allow access to watchtowers.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I agree. It becomes a tough task to convince the forest department officials. When I informed the forest department that I would sit alone in the watch tower in Satkosia Tiger Reserve throughout the night, they couldn't believe it. Since I was also recording sound, I didn't want a forest guard to be with me and snore.They were really worried but had to give in. They kept one wireless for me to use, if I felt the need. Ofcourse I promptly switched it off, so that I don't have any noise. The forest department has to also be careful, because some of the tourists don't realise the dangers that one can face. In bandipur when we were photographing a tigress with cubs drinking water, a forest department bus reached there and promptly a lady got down from the bus and tried to climb the bund to go near the tigress to photograph with a compact camera. :)