PDA

View Full Version : Sariska Diary Dec-13

Vipin Sharma
17-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Male sambar in Sariska.
This TR is very near to my native place and hence very close to my heart , I've seen this park when it was on its peak , there was a time when this park used to have 32-tigers in under its belt then it was wiped off with zero population of tigers.
Currently it has nine tiger and going strong with two more females expected to give berth by early Feb-14.
This picture is taken in early morning safari , sambar is having mud bath to get rid of tics.
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -2/3
ISO Speed 125
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens 150-500mm
Focal Length 229.0mm

Saktipada Panigrahi
17-12-2013, 07:26 PM
An interesting behaviour of Sambar is so nicely recorded. The large Stag ( Sambar attained largest size in Sariska and earlier Hazaribagh ) is observed in 'wallowing' in a patch of swampy ground. Sambar is apparently more sensitive to cold than to heat and it seems to be doing so to keep its body warmer during winter. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
19-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Nice moment captured. The antlers look nice. Light seems a bit harsh. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM
The lighting situation accentuates the mud. Frontal lighting would have been better. With eyes closed it seems to be enjoying.