PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Bamboo Forest | Pakke Tiger Reserve

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-12-2013, 11:17 AM
This is a record image I created to show the type of forest in the Khari area of PTR, Arunachal Pradesh. I did not make an HDR image because I wanted to retain the feel of the difficult dappled lighting in these forests.
This is a semi-evergreen forest with secondary moist bamboo tracts. Also characteristic to this region is the light-coloured, coarse textured sandy soil, as compared to muddy soil in most other such forests.

Canon 500D, Canon 18-55mm IS at 18mm
SS 1/200
Av 8
ISO 800
EC -1
Full frame image

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Roopak Gangadharan
20-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
12-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Nice display of the habitat. The sandy soil does look different. Was that a small lake with the pebbles or a water hole? Its good to see the habitat as it is without the HDR effect. One place I would surely like to visit sometime in the future :-). Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Wonderful image of the jungle of the eastern Himalaya. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
05-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Nice to see this image. It gives a feel of the jungle with many species forming this finely woven nature tapestry. The light and shade is integral to these forests and determines the nature of the vegetation. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone.
Mrudul: It is a seasonal hill stream which had dried up, leaving behind small puddles like this one in several places. Surprisingly some of them had large fish in them.