PDA

View Full Version : Picture winged Dragonfly?

Prajwal J Ullal
20-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is an interesting event I experienced in the month of November. I had been to one of my relative's home at my native place and spotted this beauty hovering over one side of the garden and this dragonfly would hover over some neighboring bushes, but sit onto one of the Tulsi plants. Unfortunately that day I didnt have a camera so took a steady and patient shot of it with my mobile cam. But after close to 5-6 days when i returned back to this place I spotted the dragonfly right on that same Tulsi plant and still hovering along the neighbouring shrubs (not too far off though) and would spend easily 5-6 mins at that spot. Luckily I had my DSLR with me and hence I could get this shot.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/2000sec
ISO 800
-1.7step

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Common Picturewing Rhyothemis variegata. Nice image. Interesting to note its preference for the particular plant.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Interesting markings on the wings. Looks like it matches with the tulsi plant. Our knowledge is pretty much limited, and can grown with such observations of habits and habitat of a species. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi