PDA

View Full Version : Wild flower...ID help appreciated

Prajwal J Ullal
20-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Bajpe is one of my favourite place to visit in Mangalore due the quality time I spent as a kid along with my relatives exploring the neighbouring hills and farms and especially spotting (earlier days) wild variety of snakes that roam around. Those days it was almost untouched with the bad omen on the modern world. Though now spotting a snake aint that easy, can see few rat snakes around. But other than that, since my ancestor's house in located right at the base of the small valley, I love to roam around the coconut and addaka tree plantations along side the lush green paddy fields. During my last short trip to Bajpe I came across this tiny beauty. Though it was too small, but with that vibrant colour It stood out along the mud and green backdrops.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/100
ISO 400
-1.7 step exp comp
Location Bajpe, Mangalore

Mrudul Godbole
12-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Wow the violet colour is striking. It does stand out in the dark green background. I liked the composition. Not sure of the id :-(. Experts please help. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Lovely flower. Your shutter speed was low. Else a narrow aperture would have been even better. Did you use a tripod or was it handheld?

Prajwal J Ullal
05-02-2014, 03:21 PM
This was a handheld shot, was in a hurry with some other work, so took a fifteen minute break to search any serpents around, but couldnt, so got this one instead

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
25-07-2014, 10:23 AM
The plant is Elephantopus scaber, Asteraceae

Paramvir Singh
13-08-2014, 12:36 PM
This is incredibly beautiful. How wonderful is the natural heritage we have, which we are hell bent on destroying...