PDA

View Full Version : Bharal or Himalayan blue sheep

Sucheth Lingachar
25-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Photographed in Hemis National Park at Ladakh( Rumbak Valley).

This is how the Bharal walk on the ridge of the high Mountains, There is no vertical limit for these guys. Have close up shots also but like this pic.

Nikon D7100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E
F/5.6, 1/800s, ISO 200 Full Frame

Bibhav Behera
26-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Love the frame. Gives a sense of scale. Seems there is a dust spot on your sensor. You can spot that out in Lightroom. Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
26-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Thank you Bibhav Behera For the comments....
could you pls let me know how to clean the sensor...
should i give it for service or ?
i tried built in image sensor cleaner but still i can see the spot in pics...

Bibhav Behera
27-12-2013, 01:37 AM
You can use the mirror lock up function on your camera and manually (extremely carefully) try to blow out the dust. A safer option is to give to an authorised service centre. You can always use the spot heal tool in Lightroom to remove the spots in PP.

Roopak Gangadharan
27-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Nice compo sucheth.

TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
27-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Nice. The name "blue sheep" in the title seems appropriate (the blue tones in the image :)). It is almost unbelievable to watch how sure-footed these animals are.

I have very often used the mirror lock-up technique to clean the sensor, and it works most of the time. Lock-up the mirror, hold the camera preferably with the sensor facing down (carefully, don't drop it :)) and blow on the sensor with a blower. Then reconnect a lens and shoot a blown white image at a very high Av (32 or so) to check for persistent spots.
I have used this technique several times, gave it to a service centre recently only because there were some very persistent spots which they could remove.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Nice perspective.

Spreading the New Year 2014 message for us:

"Heaven will be inherited by every man who has heaven in his soul" - H.W.Beecher

SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
27-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Nice image Sucheth. I am sure you must have also felt 'on top of the world' just like the Bharals. Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
29-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Thank you Abhishek,Saktipada Panigrahi,Roopak,Murugan and Bibhav Behera For Valuable comments And Appreciation....

Bibhav Behera & Abhishek : Thank you for the suggestion for Cleaning Sensor. Finally cleaned my Camera sensor through Nikon Service center