PDA

View Full Version : Spotting The Spotted II ( Snow Leopard, Master of Camouflage)

Sucheth Lingachar
05-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Photographed at Hemis National Park, Ladakh( Rumbak Valley )

Initially when we reached the place, it was sleeping in this spot and i couldn't make out weather it is there are not only after seeing through the Spotter i could make out clearly the Sleeping Snow Leopard.Then i Focused my cam and sat in one place waiting for the movement.

Nikon D7100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E
F/5.6, 1/640s, ISO 500. With Tripod. camouflage

Shyamala Kumar
05-01-2014, 01:40 PM
No wonder it is called the Ghost cat!.It is indeed virtually impossible to spot it in this terrain.That you were able to do so is indeed a miracle. It seems to be keeping an eye on you too!Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
05-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Whoa, it took me a while to get a hang of this. Amazing you were able to track it and focus on it. Great effort.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Great spotting. Is it the image of the Second Snow Leopard? Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sucheth Lingachar
06-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Thank you Rajan and Saktipada Ji.....

Sakti Ji : This is the same Leopard Which i have posted earlier..

Sabyasachi Patra
15-01-2014, 07:17 PM
My first reaction was to ask where is it? :) Great to see this. Just to give a context, Steve Winter did a feature for National Geographic and won the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year award for his image of snow leopard captured through a camera trap. However, he couldn't see it through his own eyes in flesh and blood. You guys have seen it, so count your blessings. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
16-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Brilliant Sucheth. I have spent my 2 hours in office post lunch commenting on posts (I love to comment on the beauty of every post :), pardon me for over indulgence) and this is one picture which has made me lose words to type. No words can ever reciprocate your feelings. Great sighting. Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
16-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Thank you so much Sabyasachi patra and Murugan for your appreciation and comments. Very Kind....