PDA

View Full Version : Golden Oriole Female

Murugan Anantharaman
06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
This is from the same series of Oriole image I posted earlier. What seemed to look like a courtship ritual, sort of turned violent which prompted me to think if this is a male oriole, not convinced at all though. The oriole pair were busily eating the berries from the peepal tree hopping from one branch to the other waiting for the other to join. The male circled this pretty lady(hopefully) a couple of times and then suddenly both seemed at loggerheads. They turned violent before the male flew to a nearby tamarind tree. She was looking towards the tamarind tree. After a while she flew towards the tamarind tree and out of my sight too.

Looks like the critical focus is not on the bird, some noise due to crop too.Not sure as the image appears a bit soft to me. Just started to use the lens+tc combo.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/200,ISO 320,420mm (300mmf4+1.4xtc)

Paramvir Singh
06-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Beautiful!

Rajan Kanagasabai
06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Lovely picture Murugan saab. Beautiful eye contact. The crop may be the cause for the softness along with the low SS, but the details have come out very well. The eyes and the claws are simply captivating.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Divyang Dave
08-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Lovely image...

Shyamala Kumar
08-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Nice colours ,captivating head turn and eye contact.Thanks for sharing.