PDA

View Full Version : Cobra

Debasis Bose
13-01-2014, 05:55 PM
After morning breakfast @ 10 am at Dhikala FRH, we learned that a cobra is creeping out of the hole just opposite the new FRH. I took my camera and managed to be there in time before she found her way through the hole in the boundary wall towards the reservoir end. If you carefully notice at the tip of the tail, you can see the hole from where the snake had come out.

Nikon D7000, Nikor 70-200mm F2.8, Fstop 6.3 @ 200mm, exposure 1/640s, ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
13-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Nice to see this. It is not easy to position oneself and get the image of a snake without any risk to life and limb. The snake is moving away the depth of field is not sufficient here. May be a higher ISO and one stop narrow aperture f9 or more would have been better. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Nice to see this. It is a Common Cobra (Naja naja) - black coloured, found in NW and Western India. Another Corbett special from Bhai Debasis.
From the side view it appears that this snake has no hood mark ( Spectacled mark on hood of Naja naja is absent in some snakes in South, North,W, NW).
I can not identify this snake as to whether it is 'He' or 'She' from scalation only, unless eggs are found or a pair is seen. But winter is not the season for that.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
14-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Good you could reach and photograph, before it could slip away. The low angle is nice. Good details on the body, higher aperture would have helped to the head in focus. Thanks for sharing. Nicely captured.

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
15-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Great image captured........