PDA

View Full Version : Montagu Harrier

Sucheth Lingachar
21-01-2014, 12:04 AM
his was photographed in Bangalore Outskirts,This was my first sightings for this season.. this sunday once again went to TG halli with my friends hoping to see Male kestrel but surprisingly i got this guy.As soon as i got out from car and took my camera and checking my settings all of a sudden it flew in front of me and i took few flight shots and with in fraction of second it vanished... i searched, searched and searched... but i couldn't get after that...:( :(

Nikon D7100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E
F/5.6, 1/1000s, ISO 160,

Rajan Kanagasabai
21-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Lovely photo Sucheth. Nice details on the wings (thanks to the high SS which could have gone higher with a higher ISO), beautiful wingspread and lovely eye contact.

The brown and green peppered BG is a big plus to the frame and the angular light almost forms a glowing golden halo around the bird.

Brilliant shot . . . No Nits.

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Roopak Gangadharan
21-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Neatly done sucheth. like the pose , eye contact and well timed.
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
22-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Lovely flight pose captured. Good eye contact and wing spread. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Lovey. I like the eye contact and the flight pose. Hope to see these fellows when I am in Bangalore next month. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaustuv Chatterjee
24-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Good shot! Looks like a pallid harrier though...Montagu harrier has black secondary tips...