PDA

View Full Version : The Marsh's predator

Prajwal J Ullal
21-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Spotted during my last week's bird walk near Saat pool area of Dombivli. I heard loud noises of some birds which I later realized was from a huge flock of starlings/myna, and from behind came this marsh harrier, very cinematic entrance, and would fly around the same bushes again and again, may be stalking for the new born or juvenile starlings, but the crows and drongo tried to wade it off

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/7.1
Shutterspeed 1/2500
ISO 400
0 exp comp

Roopak Gangadharan
21-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Nice. the sightings for this species have been particularly good this winter down here. I have seen 4 different birds in the last week in an area where usually i get to see only 1 or 2 birds. other friends have reported similar sightings from parts of north Kerala.

TFS
Roopak

Prajwal J Ullal
21-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Similar sighting here too... two weeks back I had been to a neighboring birding spot, close to the creek, and had spotted 2-3 marsh harriers, being wade off by crows and drongos.

Rajan Kanagasabai
22-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Beautiful picture. The high SS has frozen the flight. Some detail loss on the blacks can be recovered on PP. Seems to be some smudge on the lower right corner.

The fierce eyes and sharp talons add to the lovely picture.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Simply wonderful. Its eyes are on something else, though showing a seemingly landing pose.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild