PDA

View Full Version : One for the road- Sambhar in Bor

Shyamala Kumar
23-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Canon 60D +100-400mm 1/50s ISO -800 FL-100mm F-5.6 Late evening 2013

Mrudul Godbole
23-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Nice image of sambhars grazing peacefully by the water hole. The composition looks fine. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
24-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Lovely environmental scene with a riot of colors. The rocky front looks nice. Agree with Mrudul on the light.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Nice composition. Sambar are versatile feeders, not sure what they are for, dropped figs or fruits or searching for something else on apparently new filling! However, one thing is certain, Madam Shamalya has perfected the art of capturing colour of water surface. Thanks for taking us to Bor, shall wait for its Sloth bear. SaktiWild

Shyamala Kumar
25-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks Mridul ,Rajan and Saktipadaji . Sakitipadaji I think the Sambhars are having their last drink of the day before retiring to the grazing fields for the night.

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
26-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Beautiful habitat shot..........

Subhash Shrivastava
29-01-2014, 07:32 PM
hi shyamala, before seeing the Bor through your images, i knew abt it through some unflattering news items, like one where the FD had cut down a portion of forest for its timber and when news broke out, then clarified that they were doing some thinning exercise, as if the forest had obesity problem :confused1:.
this image and the other one with a nilgai along with your travelogue have imparted a sense of tranquility to this place in my mind’s eye. I will definitely explore the possibility of going there. thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Nice to see some healthy sambars. I feel the Sambar's perhaps prefer a wider variety of food. Perhaps due to their higher height they try can attempt the aquatic vegetation. They are also on the look out to lick salts.
On another note, interesting to hear that our forests have obesity problem. :)

Shyamala Kumar
31-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Yes Bor and Nagzira are both lovely though the infrastructure provided for visitors is meagre.As regards the'' obesity problem'' from which our forests suffer, in Tadoba ,I myself witnessed a long line of villagers(about twenty of them)carrying away mature bamboo on their heads (each one about six)It was done openly, early morning, which makes me think it was with the compliance of forest officials.