PDA

View Full Version : King Crossing Bicchu Bhauji Road

Debasis Bose
23-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Nikon D 700, Nikor 300 f2.8, 2x Teleconvertor, 600 @ fstop 13, ISO 640, 1/500s.

Corbett is closed between 1200-1300 in winter, during that time I always position myself on one of the several watch towers in corbett and enjoy the beauty of the forest. I was sitting on tower 2, and about 1250 there was a sambar call from the bicchu bhauji fireline. Next 10 minutes the jungle was silent. I knew I am in for some excitement. My gypsy arrived sharp at 1 pm to pick me, while I was getting down the tower, heard one call of chital from bicchu bhauji road. Hurriedly got into the gypsy, with one camera loaded with telelense and other with wide angle and straight headed for bicchu bhauji road. The minute we turned on the road, saw this fine male sitting on the side and staring at the chital herd on the far side. Aimed and just pressed the continuous fire button, at least 25 beautiful shots captured. This is one of them. Will post others. The very afternoon, after about 25 minutes sighted another tiger, this time bang next to our jeep on kamarpatta road and then on same evening about 5 pm sighted two more tigers. The day was 25th of Dec 2013.

Roopak Gangadharan
24-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Very nice moment. the alert chital in the bg add to the image...

TFS
Roopak

Rajan Kanagasabai
24-01-2014, 01:35 PM
A triple Whammy for Christmas. What more can you ask for. Wish the head was turned towards you. The light seems tricky as well.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Royal walk. Inclusion of Chital's behaviour has made the image beautiful. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
26-01-2014, 08:51 AM
WONDERFUL SHOT this is............

Sabyasachi Patra
30-01-2014, 10:04 PM
I agree with Roopak. The cheetal in the background adds to the drama. Wish the head of the tiger was not in the shadow. Some more space on the left would have been even better. You seemed to have had a fantastic day. Thanks for sharing.