PDA

View Full Version : Moments that make you feel like a lob of meat

Kartikeya Puri
15-07-2009, 02:50 PM
This subadult cub, of Berda tigress (Ranthambhore) assessed us for a while before thankfully deciding on a better and healthy diet. Shot with 20D and 100-400mm.

Cheers,
Kartik

Mrudul Godbole
15-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Thats really a attacking stride. Nicely photographed.I am aware you might not be concentrating that much on composition when a tiger is thinking of attacking you :). But just thinking that an offcentre composition would have enhanced the image futher.
Its entry in to the lighted portion gives a different look to the image. What were the Exif details?

Kartikeya Puri
15-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Thats really a attacking stride. Nicely photographed.I am aware you might not be concentrating that much on composition when a tiger is thinking of attacking you :). But just thinking that an offcentre composition would have enhanced the image futher.
Its entry in to the lighted portion gives a different look to the image. What were the Exif details?

This is the full frame, just resized. Though I can make it a crop and off center image, somehow I decided against it. At that moment, I was more humbled than scared. It did not cross my mind that he might be thinking of attacking me, I thought this cub was merely curious. Thankfully I was right.

Exif is as below:
Aperture Priority
Aperture: F6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/125
ISO: 200
focal length: 260mm

Cheers,
Kartik

Sabyasachi Patra
15-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Kartikeya,
I like the engaging eye contact. The tail to one side makes it interesting and helps in improving the composition. It would have been great if you would have moved your camera to the right, so that the composition would have had the tiger in the rule of thirds position.

The whites in the face look a bit hot. It needs some highlight recovery.

It is normally better if the tiger is at a distance. That allows you to use a longer focal length and the angle of the shot in the case would appear low.

Tigers don't attack human beings without any reason. Most of the times they fear man. Ofcourse, adolescents are more inquisitive and come closer to inspect. So in your next trip, just click to your hearts content. :-)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chitrita Chatterjee
15-07-2009, 04:24 PM
wow.... gorgeous eyes....
love this pic...

AB Apana
15-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice one, I wish there was more space to the top and to the right. I agree that this is more playfullness and curiosity than anything else.

Apana

Bibhav Behera
15-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Lovely shot. Agree about the slight off centre compositon.. :)

Kiran Ghadge
16-07-2009, 12:03 PM
thats fantastic shot... the tail looks amazing.... TFS