PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Vulture

Mangru Minz
26-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Image clicked in 1st weekend of this month , outskirt of Bhopal. Used hide as 800 car.
Exif:Canon 40D, 300mm + 2x, Av mode, f/7.1, 1/640 sec, Iso-640, Ec-0, full frame.
Critics pl.

Mrudul Godbole
27-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Nice sighting of this majestic bird. Good eye contact. Liked the colours and the details. Was it near any garbage dump? How many vultures were there? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
27-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Nice sighting. The details have come out well. Thanks for sharing.

Mangru Minz
28-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Nice sighting of this majestic bird. Good eye contact. Liked the colours and the details. Was it near any garbage dump? How many vultures were there? Thanks for sharing.

There are 10 to 12 birds in total and yes, there is a garbage dump little far away from this place . This place was a barren land ,these birds came to this place because of dead animal put by near by villagers. There are lot of birds like vultures(several type), kite etc are fly over garbage dumps or found sitting on High tension pole near by, however never thought of going there for photographs but can be thought of some day.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Nice to see the Egyptian vulture. I like their yellow colour. Which lens is that? 300 f2.8?

I would expect a bit more sharpness. There are lot of spots in the background. Did you use the clone/heal tool? Some more brightness will also be better. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mangru Minz
03-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Sabyasachi sir, It is used 300mm f/2.8, Mk-I. No clone or heal tool used . Little sharpening and brightness adjustment done. Spots in the background is may be because of dust spot ,a local truck was passed in that kachha road and I was in little hurry holding the lens without hood fitted fear of loosing that chance. Thank you .