PDA

View Full Version : Red-necked Falcon– Beauty with keen eyes

Subhash Shrivastava
27-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Nikon P510, 1/500, F5.9, 180 mm, ISO-125, hand held.
Clicked on the shore of Sangareddy lake on 18-Jan-2014.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Rare and lovely.

Since my joining, I think, first time I find this small and elegant raptor in our IndiaWilds. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
27-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Nice image, the eyes and the yellows have come out very well. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
28-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Very rare one indeed. Wondering how that little twig of this neem tree is able to support the huge weight of this fearsome predator, which in turn seems to be doing a balancing act. If you notice the right leg and claws, they seem to be searching the air for grip - much like a tightrope walker.

thanks for sharing

Rajan

Subhash Shrivastava
29-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Dear Sakti da, Murugan and Rajan. Thanks for sharing your observations. It was one of my oasis days, had found a big flock of BH geese and a fair size flock of flamingoes that day and was absorbing the beauty of lake, when i turned my head towards other side, and was taken aback by this bird, had never expected a raptor like this. Yes Sakti sir, it was quite small, when it flew it was not looking like a bird of prey from the size perspective. Yes rajan, the twig was swaying and bird had to flew after a few moments, as the balancing act became tougher.

Shyamala Kumar
31-01-2014, 10:09 AM
A rare capture indeed.Thanks for sharing

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2014, 03:41 PM
This is a nice capture and record. This is a small bird of prey. Nevertheless, a beautiful bird. At times it so happens that when one is about to write off the day, suddenly there is a fabulous sighting. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi