PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon siesta

Sabyasachi Patra
15-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I was looking at my older images and found this one. This was created in 2007 in Bandhavgarh. This tigress was sleeping near the water on the dam wall. You can see that the water level was high and the dam wall was barely noticeable.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 300mm f4 L IS USM, EF 1.4xII, ISO 160, f5.6, 1/125

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
16-07-2009, 11:57 AM
what a wonderful setting, I like the way you have composed the shot, eventhough there is not much space infront of tiger still it give feeling of vastness. also the mood is amazing...
please keep searching your archives :), I am sure we will get to see more of such beauties.....
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Lovely enviornment photograph. Different perspective.Agree with Kiran that the composition does gives a feeling of vastness and sernenity. The tiger is totally at ease and in its own world. Gives a real feel of the wild.

AB Apana
16-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I think it's nice to see a tiger resting. I have no nits about the compo, but am wondering if you have any with her to the left of the image?

Apana

Bibhav Behera
16-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I somehow like the right side placement... Gives it a different feel. Breaking the rules. "I am the Tiger, I dont follow any rules" he'd (the tiger) say... :)

Chitrita Chatterjee
17-07-2009, 09:59 AM
lovely shot.... almost surreal, esp with the shadow in water seen crystal clear.... I agree with Kiran, Sabyasachi... keep looking at your older pics, you'll find more of these gems... :-) I remember seeing some briliant Tiger pics in your collection earlier.....