PDA

View Full Version : Dhikala Queen

Debasis Bose
04-02-2014, 07:32 PM
It was cloudy day and not that cold, hardly a puff of air could be felt, leafs of the trees and the sharp stems of the tall grasses were motionless, strangely quiet at about 1120. Even the winter birds were silent, and not a leaf stirred or rustles could be heard in the neighborhood. It was as if all of a sudden the motasal area of dhikala had lulled into a deep torpor.
My instinct was saying we were in for some serious excitement. Cameras and video set to record any action, My kids, mother, wife, driver and I sat motionless, with each one keeping an eye for a sound or movement, each pair of eyes were covering 60 degree, and that way we covered complete 360.
Without warning the silence was broken by a long deep note tapering off into a guttural cough a-oongh! Oonooh! Aungh …aungha. And once again the jungle went silent. The tall grasses were obscuring our view, and then suddenly I spotted the striped majesty surveying the area. As if planning to bring the cubs out into the grassland.
Nikon D 3100, Nikor 70-200 f2.8, 200mm @ 2.8, ISO 400, 1/320s

Shyamala Kumar
04-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Beautiful image .Looks like a painting.Thanks for sharing

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-02-2014, 12:59 PM
' Expression' captured at its best. Nice nature photography. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.: Apart from Corbett, exactly similar habitat can be seen in Manas T.R but those select areas could only be approached by riding elephant.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I think less of space at the right would have been much better. That would have resulted in off centre composition and more space in the direction the animal is looking. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
07-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Nice.agree with above comments. like the intent look of the tiger and the habitat here...
TFS
Roopak