Kiran Ghadge
15-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Again a Mulshi Shot...
Canon 50d + 100-400mm
1/1000sec , F 5.6 , ISO 800, 1EV, cropped

Sabyasachi Patra
16-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Kiran,
Lovely image. The rain drops add a lot. The background is nicely diffused. I would tone down the highlights in the branch a bit. I have been to Mulshi, but have never come across so many birds. :-(

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
16-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Love the diffused background... :)
Nice pose. the rain drops add to the image...
Good one there Kiran.. :)

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Wonderful shot...+the raindrops... but img quality's gone down (+ some noise...?), very evident on the tail... wonder why no one has mentioned it... (unless its my monitor)
Please look into this, Kiran. This image is too good to be ignored!

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Lovely perch. Good eye contact. You might crop a bit from the right to remove the small branch. Great composition.

Abhishek, I am not sure if you checked the other image (Greater coucal) by Kiran, in that he has mentioned about the noise because of the high ISO. So we all took it into consideration as here too he has used ISO 800 and it is from the same series :). You have observed it right, no fault of your screen :).

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Sorry about that... I just saw the coucal image after posting my views on this image. Can't it be corrected in pp?

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Nothing to be sorry about :), your observation was right.

Canon 50D is quite good at high ISO. You can choose the High noise reduction setting when photographing at high ISO. But still some noise is visible even after PP. With the older techology you would find more noise at such high ISO settings.

AB Apana
16-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Still a very nice image of this bird, I can't notice too much noise.

Mrudul: High ISO noise reduction dramatically reduces your burst speed in the 40D. Not sure about 50D, but if it does there will be a warning in the manual.

Apana

Sabyasachi Patra
16-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I agree that high ISO noise reduction feature reduces the burst speed. I think it is better to do the noise reduction later.

Also, I won't worry so much about noise. In film days, we used to have grains much larger. There are other noise reduction softwares available in the market and they do a very decent job.

In this image, I don't have any issues with noise.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I agree with Apana and Sabyasachi about the reduction in burst speed, I was just referring to the feature available in 50D.

Kiran Ghadge
16-07-2009, 09:13 PM
very true... this should be taken care in post processing, anyways when you shoot in raw, I dont think in camera noise reduction works...correct me if I am wrong...