PDA

View Full Version : Bijrani Tiger

Debasis Bose
22-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Bijrani tiger, thinking what to do next, in background was provoking crescendo of common hawk cuckoo, also known as brain fever.
Nikon D3100, f/5.6 @ 45mm, exposure 1/60s, ISO 100. My family and I are looking forward for our next trip to Corbett from 1st week of April. This time have reserved Kanda FRH for two nights with a hope to track photograph the two tigresses with cubs, (had already posted last month one expecting tigress, will post another photograph of the tigress soon), two nights at Sarapdulli, hoping to track down the tiger this time that mauled one forest guard last July and remaining days will be divided between the FRHs of Bijrani and Dhikala.

Debasis Bose
23-02-2014, 09:45 AM
The photograph is 50% crop

Shyamala Kumar
23-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Your innumerable and varied tiger sightings at Corbett has inspired me also, to make it my next destination .I do hope that I am as fortunate as you have been in your sightings.Thanks for sharing your images and your most infectious enthusiasm.

Debasis Bose
23-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Dear Madame Shymala, Corbett Tiger Reserve is a place any nature enthusiast will fall in love with, because of the lovely weather, great diversity of habitats, variation in altitude, relief, and temperature. I have visited most of the forest in India, Asia, Africa, Europe and Americas but after my visit to Corbett, for last three years without fail I am continuously visting corbett twice a year with family, as my family and I find it to be one of the best of natures diverse wonderland, where time moves at the pace of forest denizens. Corbett predators especially leopards and tigers are extremely shy and you can have encounters where you least expect them. Once it happened so, we were looking at the pug marks and giving our expert opinion, when the tiger had walked passed on the path, not knowing that at the sound of jeep she slid away and was sitting next to the road camouflaged behind the bushes, just a meter or two away. We only came to know when she got up and moved away into the dense. Wish you all the best for your next destination, Corbett and happy tiger sighting. Regards Debasis Bose

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Nice to see a tiger from Corbett. Some more contrast would be good. Why shoot at 45mm and then crop? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
23-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Hands were aching carrying 300mm lens for whole day. Sudden encounter and had to shoot with 18-55 lens and crop.