PDA

View Full Version : Leopard-Danger Unwinding

Shyamala Kumar
25-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Transfixing us into a paralised immobility with her mesmerizing stare she imperceptibly raised herself, preparing her body towards flight,as her cover had been compromised .It was one of the most breathtaking and thrilling moment in my life.Canon 60D FL200mm ISO1600 1/320s f7.1.FEB 2014 evening at Bhadra.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Love those eyes. One of the beautiful cats that we have. It would have been great if a streak of light would have illuminated the leopard. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
25-02-2014, 01:29 PM
I very much doubt that she would have chosen that particular place, right on the track to lie low, literally hiding from us in plain sight, if the area was sunlit.Afer stopping the vehicle it took us about five minutes to realize she was right there under our collective noses.And even then it was her eyes we spotted first.They were like beacons.

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
25-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Great capture.........

Murugan Anantharaman
26-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Lovely image Shyamalaji. The eyes say it all. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-03-2014, 09:28 AM
My previous comment was with respect to the light falling on the hind portion of the leopard but not on the head. The leopard and other predators have the remarkable ability to remain still. The leopard can sit down even in sparse vegetation and merge with the background so well that it becomes difficult to notice it immediately. There have been many reports of leopards snatching away a goat from people without them noticing its approach in completely barren and open country.

Vipin Sharma
04-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Lovely image , eyes are giving killer look , that was these cats are famous for. TFS