PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Sunbird Sequence

Kiran Ghadge
16-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Sharing another frame in sequence, the sunbird is catching the part of the body in air. was amazing to watch and shoot.
though very cluttered and blur images still thought worth sharing in sequence...

1/800, F5.6 ISO 800

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Kiran,
Moved this as a new thread.

These small birds are very fast and need a higher shutter speed to freeze them in air. I think you had to use ISO 1600 to capture it. :D

However, this image displays motion and is clicked at the point of catching the prey. It gives us a nice idea about the hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
17-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks Sabyasachi for creating new thread....
Yes agree with high ISO.. but with 50d I generally avoid high ISOs...:)

Sabyasachi Patra
17-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Kiran,
I am sure the next generation of cameras will come with better low noise capabilities. Lets wait and see if anything is announced by Canon in August.

In this image, the eye is relatively in focus and hence the image looks good.

Bibhav Behera
17-07-2009, 11:28 AM
A good sense of motion can be gauged fro this image. at 1/800 this amt of blur gives a feel of the speed of these beauties...

Looks like someone had a lot of fun at Mulshi... ;)

Mrudul Godbole
17-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I got a nice experience photographing the Kites near Bandipur. Its quite hard to capture the moment since the action is extremely fast. An unclustered BG would have added to the composition. You have captured it quite well.

Look forward to more..

AB Apana
20-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Been trying to capture this myself, but you need excellent light to get a fast shutter speed. High-speed flash would help.

Do check out Linda Robbins' work on Hummingbirds at the Birds as Art site.

Apana