PDA

View Full Version : Dholes ( The Wild Dogs) | Kabini

Sucheth Lingachar
13-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Photographed at Kabini (NagaraHole National Park). It was early morning safari, as soon as we entered the forest we saw the pack of four Wild dogs relaxing, as per the naturalist these are pack of four young Dholes which are separated from big pack.thy were relaxing and playing with each other, We spent some 15min and took some shots and then they went inside the forest.This was sudden one day trip to kabini and spotted wild dogs, 2 leopards, and some birds.

This was the moment where i could get all four in single frame. I liked the expression of all four in this frame.

Nikon D7100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/5.6, 1/400s , ISO 2000. Full Frame

Manasi Chaphalkar
14-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Sahi hai ..:) you got a better image than me .. :)TFS

Mrudul Godbole
14-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I liked the alert pose. Seems something had caught their attention. Photographing a pack of dholes is very interesting as you can get variety of actions and expressions. So in whole it was a good trip with sightings of leopards and dholes in a single day :-). Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Nice. The major contribution of Dholes is in controlling in-breeding, particularly amongst Chital. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild