PDA

View Full Version : Sundari - My favourite tigress

Debasis Bose
14-03-2014, 06:43 PM
I call her Sundari as her stripecoat is really beautiful. She was born during summer of 2010 and have been tracking her since April 2011. Was fortunate to capture her in camera when she was about 18 months old. And since then have being seeing her on my every trip to Corbett. She was born and brought up in and around Dhikala Chaur. I first realized that she has moved from Dhikala to foot of Kanda towards Gathiarow in April 2013 (it is quite interesting to note that none of the guides, drivers and forest ranger / beat guards, mahuts known to me are aware of this fact). Understand now she has given birth to three or four lovely cubs in July/August 2013. I consider ourselves lucky to have sighted her at least 20 times since 2011. Waiting to see her with her cubs next month. Will post some more snaps of her from my archives. I realized that she, her sister and her brother (now the king of dhikala) are the most photographed tiger by me.

Mrudul Godbole
14-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I liked the pose. She seems to be in her prime. Wish the light was from behind your back, that would have enhanced the image further. Nice display of the Corbett habitat. Look forward to see more of Sundari :-). Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-03-2014, 06:38 AM
Tall, confident and slim.........Nice. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.: Bhai Debasis,
An economist is an expert who can tell you today why the prediction made by him yesterday went wrong. How many Gopal Tanti s (of the Sundarbans) are working in Indian Jungles who have intimate knowledge of every sq.km of the Tiger Reserves. Kind regards,SaktiWild

Debasis Bose
15-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Dear Saktida, You have aptly jotted the entire phenomena in the two adages, it was always there from the time Indian civilization came into existence but today it is glaring with bursting of population, Indian civilization is facing this acute problem, and that is the reason we always stand to lose more than gain. Best Regards Debasis Bose

Shyamala Kumar
16-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Beautiful image of a tigress in her prime She looks wet as if just out of the river.From your write up it seems that this image is not of recent origin.Hope you are able to see her with her cubs next month when you visit Corbett again.

Roopak Gangadharan
16-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Splendid looking tigress.Nice pose and good capture..
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
25-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Nice to see a confident and beautiful tigress. It seems a bamboo has been placed by someone on the right side. Look forward to more images from you next month.