PDA

View Full Version : My 500th Post

Bibhav Behera
18-07-2009, 01:28 PM
This is my 500th post. :D :D

I shot this in the morning today at a place called Barunei 30Kms from Bhubaneswar. It was pouring. I had my camera inside a polythene bag with an opening up front. Got this shot when the rains had reduced...

Nikon D80 with 18-135mm at 18mm
EXP 1/40 (+1 EV)
F 10
ISO 400

Critiques and Comments welcome...

Mrudul Godbole
18-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Congrats..!! Look forward to 1000th post :).

I have modified the image, to make it look a bit different..trying to give it a different look.

Let me know what you think..

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Bibhav,
Congratulations on your 500th post! I see you learning with every post. Way to go!

Repetitive patterns look nice. So the slopes of the two hills look good. The hill at the back seems to have sparse vegetation. What is beyond? Cultivation?

Its been a long time since I have been there.

I wish the clouds were a bit darker. One can get some nice light before or after storm. May be next time you will get some great light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
18-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Thank you Mrudul and Sabyasachi.
@ Mrudul, the repost looks nice. Can you share what you did to the image?

@Sabyasachi, Beyond it was flat land with streams and one side with cultivation. Wanted to include a bit more open space on the left but there were manmade structures there so composed it in this way. Have a few other compositions too. Will post later. :)

Rajan Kanagasabai
19-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Congrats Bibhav

500 is a milestone indeed. I have always been amazed with quite a few of your unique skills like conceptualizing, framing etc not to talk about your brilliant stalking skills.

I am waiting for the day you lay your hands on a larger piece of glass . . . and can already visualize the even more stunning range of pics you will be providing us.

On your 500th post, i honestly like your original (to Mrudul's repost) since your description of the rain, wetness and the camera lens peering through the cover is already engrained in the mind and the original gives a better sense of the dampness.

Look forward to 1000 soon

regards
Rajan

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Rajan,
I'm truly humbled by ur comments... (Flattered too) haha

Have picked up all i could learn mostly from this forum over the months...
Im eagerly waiting for a nice glass too... Hope to keep posting good images... :)
Long long way to go...

AB Apana
20-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I too prefer the darker clouds.

Apana

Chitrita Chatterjee
20-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Congratulations on the 500th..... :-) way to go....!!

Bibhav Behera
28-07-2009, 11:53 PM
I know HDR isnt actual representation of an image. However wanted to show all the details in the image. Used a trial version HDR processor, so the watermark is there....

Rahul Parekh
29-07-2009, 09:48 AM
mmmmmmmmm....beautiful place :)

Sagar Patil
31-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Recent post is nice Bibhav... Give me your ID, I will share full version of HDR soft.

Bibhav Behera
31-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Recent post is nice Bibhav... Give me your ID, I will share full version of HDR soft.

My ID is there in my signature...
I got the full version yesterday... thanks a lot anyway... do add me.. we can be in touch...