PDA

View Full Version : Common Leopard

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Shot recently at Barunei. This is a small crop. Had a similar composition in the original image. cropped to increase size of subject :)

Nikon D80 with 18-135mm
SS 1/200
F 5.6
ISO 400

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-07-2009, 07:44 PM
At first I wondered what a common leopard would be doing in the "others" section. Then realised it was a butterfly.
It stands out really well against the very green BG. Am I mistaken, or is the part near the top of the wings slightly motion-blurred?

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2009, 08:03 PM
The wing seems to be damaged a bit at the top. I cant seem to find any noticable blur... :)

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't know why tiger and leopard etc are used in butterfly names. Butterflies are such beautiful creatures.

I like the composition and this image. I wish the bright branch crisscrossing in the background would not have been there.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't know why tiger and leopard etc are used in butterfly names. Butterflies are such beautiful creatures.

I like the composition and this image. I wish the bright branch crisscrossing in the background would not have been there.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Tigers and leopards are not kya?? :O hahaha kidding...

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I meant to say butterflies are beautiful creatures in their own right. So Tiger and Leopard names need not be affixed to make them sound beautiful. :D

AB Apana
20-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Nice image, although I wish the eyes had been in focus as well. You need to be parallel to a macro subject.

Apana

Chitrita Chatterjee
21-07-2009, 02:39 PM
beautiful pic... though I agree with Sabyasachi that such beautiful creatures dont need to be named after the large carnivores... or any other creature for that matter....
But why split hair.... a beautiful creation has a place of its own.....
call it what you may.... a butterfly is always a butterfly.

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Tiger and leopard are ok, but I can't figure out any similarity between the common crow and the actual (bird) crow... :D