PDA

View Full Version : Gaur Calf - Tholpetty , Waynad WLS

Prasanth Sreenivasan
05-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Canon SX20IS, TV 1/30, AV 4.5, ISO-400 time 6.00 pm

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Symbol of innocence. Trying to acclaimatise with the intruders.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
07-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Prasanth,
Did you use a digital zoom or crop it later? Were you using in camera noise reduction? ISO 400 is a bit high for the compact cameras.

Since the calf is at the edge of the frame, our eye goes to it. However, the road also leads our attention inside. If there would have been another Gaur, say the mother, at or closer to the middle left corner then there would have been more tension in the frame and the image would have been further strengthened. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Nice sighting of the calf, so close to you. Normally the calves are very shy and hide behind the mother. Agree some more details would have enhanced the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Prasanth Sreenivasan
13-04-2014, 11:34 PM
sabyasachi sir,

i ddnt use the digital zoom. its a full frame, not cropped. light was pretty low and i dont think my camera has noise reduction feature. i would like some advice as to how in camera noise reduction will affect the image quality. is it advised to use?

thanks
prasanth

Sabyasachi Patra
13-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Just avoid in camera noise reduction. The reason is, the processing power of your computer is much more than that of your camera. So noise reduction during post processing is better. Also the noise reduction algorithms of various plugins are better.

First we need to ensure that the image is correctly exposed. The under exposed areas get more grains. This tutorial gives some basic ideas: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?2006-Understanding-Histogram-amp-using-it-for-Correct-Exposure

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prasanth Sreenivasan
15-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Just avoid in camera noise reduction. The reason is, the processing power of your computer is much more than that of your camera. So noise reduction during post processing is better. Also the noise reduction algorithms of various plugins are better.

First we need to ensure that the image is correctly exposed. The under exposed areas get more grains. This tutorial gives some basic ideas: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?2006-Understanding-Histogram-amp-using-it-for-Correct-Exposure

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

thanks sir!